When I was either a Junior or Senior in High School so at least 6 or 7 years ago, I attended a Scholastic Bowl Tournament in Amboy, IL. At this tournament there was a rather socially inept (to be nice) boy who followed my friends and I around. My friends and I were not sure if he was trying to hit on us or just really weird (probably the latter). He became one of our "scholastic bowl" stories that we liked to talk about. You would think that the story would end here but no. Five years ago, I came to NIU. I joined the marching band. We met the week before school started for band camp. Guess who played the drums in the band? Scary Amboy boy. (Ooo, good name). Let's just stay I steered clear of him and that was that, right? (Yea, right). I encountered him again, today, in Davis Hall, right outside my office, not once, but twice, and he totally knew me. Hopefully, it's just from band. WHY? Why can I not get rid of him? Man, if I even have to see him again in another five years, I think I will go insane even faster than I am already.

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive