I like to read books about this subject and I own a few (looking at both sides). It's interesting, I have one book that quotes/references two other books I have, scary. Anyway, I would say the best book if your interested on (my side of)the subject is The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel. It's very easy to read, not like this other one I am reading. I like to read before bed and it puts me to sleep every time. Anyway, it's where I got most of my information that I will relay to you.

Anyway cosmology... In Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything (great book but doesn't espouse a creator)he gives this great description of the Big Bang "In three minutes about ninety-eight percent of all the matter there is or will ever be has been produced. We have a universe. It is a place of the most wondrous and gratifying possibility, and beautiful, too. And it was done in about the time it takes to make a sandwich." Have you ever thought that the Big Bang was actually a good discovery for supporting a creator? I mean aren't we saying that God created something out of nothing. If the universe was eternal, why would we need a creator? The kalam arguement comes into play here: 1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause 2. The universe began to exist 3. Therefore, the universe has a cause. How could the universe pop into being uncaused out of nothing? It couldn't...

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive