My parents came up this past weekend. We went shopping, saw movies, went to church, and sat through about 7 minutes of a very cold spring football game. However, we also went and saw my other Tom, Mr. Skilling, speak on campus. Well we were sort of early since we didn't stay very long at the football game so we went over to Davis Hall and I showed them around my lab where I work. Well Tom happened to be in Davis before his talk so mom and dad got to meet him and shake his hand and of course dad talked to him about farming and old weather proverbs, things like that. So we listened to most of his talk but had to leave early to meet Tom (that is my husband Tom)in St. Charles after he got off work. So last night I got home from bible study around 9:15 and Husband Tom was on the computer and going through old files so I decided to watch tv for a bit and I noticed it was close to 9:30 so I thought I would watch my other Tom's evening forecast. I don't usually watch nighttime news. I am more of a morning news person so I forget to watch Tom's forecast a lot. Anyway, he's going through his little schpiel and then he mentions how came to NIU for a talk. I thought that was cool. And then he proceeds to say how he was able to talk to this farmer who said that their crops were about two weeks ahead. Tom quoted my dad. Hee hee. Unfortunately dad missed it but my mom saw it so she got a real kick out of it. Crazy.

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive