I went to a teacher store today with my friend Trisha. I must say I go to teacher stores far too often for not being a teacher or even a parent. :) Anyway, they had a Wisconsin Passport there. Of course the first thing I thought was "hm.. it does make sense that you need a passport to go to Wisconsin." Pretty lame I know. Anyway, the whole point of the thing was listing facts about Wisconsin, state bird, where the capital is, population, the lyrics to "On Wisconsin," that sort of thing. Hence, I learned that the state fossil is the trylobite. Why in the world does a state need a state fossil?? Anyway, I thought it was weird that they had one of the these for wisconsin but not for illinois. However, as I explored further I found one for Illinois with a display of workbooks on Illinois history that sort of thing. So I learned that we also have a state fossil, I don't remember what it was, that Chicago has a city flag, the smallest incorporated town is Time, pop. 27... etc. However our list of facts took a turn for the bizarre. They mentioned that there was a town in Illinois named Sandwich (wow) and that the town of Metropolis claims to be the home of superman, yeah, yeah, yeah (Side Note: They didn't even mention that there is a big statue of him in town, but they did say that the town newpaper is called the Daily Planet, how awesome is that? :) I mean I can kind of understand some silly facts like that. But this next one takes the cake. The had listed that in 1990 someone in the Springfield area spotted someone that looked like Elvis ordering a hamburger and fries. WHAT kind of fact is that? As trisha would say, "Crackheads!!!!"

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive