I think as a graduate student all of my undergraduate nightmares are coming true. First homework that I was ready to turn it just magically disappears from my folder. Later I find out that I accidentally turned it in with other homework earlier in the week. Who would have thought getting things done early would cause pain. Geesh. Anyway, what happened today takes the cake. It was in Dr. Brown’s research procedure’s class and I had actually enjoyed the class today. I had made a connection with him because he was talking about being cross-brained and I raised my hand when he asked if anyone else was and we had a bit of fun with it. Then comes the end of class, it was one of those surreal moments. I am looking around at everyone else and notice, “Hm they are all pulling out something, oh, it looks like a paper. Hey it looks like their research proposals. Oh look they’re handing them in…. Son of A Monkey!!!!” My idiotic brain thought it was Monday not today. I think someone literally punched me in the stomach. I felt sick. I got up walked over to my professor and he thanked me for playing along today. To which I responded, “Well, can I blame my cross-brained affliction for me thinking the proposal was due Monday and not having it ready to turn in today?” He said it would be fine if I turned it in late just as long as he had it before Monday’s class in which we are presenting on it (by the way I thought the presentations were Wednesday). Praise GOD!!!!!! As a side note, he totally knew this was coming because he moved my Stats test from this Friday to next Friday and I was trying not to have it pushed back. Somebody please rescrew my head back on!!

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive