As you probably can infer from the picture on my blog, two of my many obsessions are the Beatles and Lord of the Rings. Well, for myself and my supremely unfortunate generation, we will never see the Beatles. So I have to settle for the next best thing...tribute bands. There is this one band called American English that I have been trying to see for about 3 years. The first time I tried to see them they were at the House of Blues and I was not 21 yet... denied. The second time, I was 21. However, when my friend Sam and I got to the bar, it looked packed to the gills, very smoky, and the building appeared to be on its last legs... strike two. I also had the bad luck of finding out that they played a bar in the town I was residing in at the time a week too late...son of building block!! Finally, this past week I succeeded in seeing American English. It was one of those butterfly in the stomach, fun type moments. While it was not a very exciting, the crowd was really into it type concert, it was thoroughly enjoyable. Of course, who wouldn't have fun listening to middle aged men with bad liverpudlian accents.

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive