Friday, April 21: Tom graduted from UTI from the auto/diesel/industrial programs with perfect attendence, 3 Student of the Course awards, and a nomination for Alpha Beta Kappa (some honors thing). YEA! Happiness.

Monday, April 24: Tom is laid off from his job with Chicago International Trucking. Bummer. Temporary? Permanent? Who knows?

Friday, April 28: Tom gets his job back with Firestone.

Monday, May 1: I secure full time work for the summer with NIU working on a GIS project for a municipality. I get to work 10 hour days Monday throught Thursday 7:30-5:30 but hey I get Fridays off. (Unfortunatly, this is really all I know about the job. I don't even know what town/city it is. And the project manager isn't sure what's going on either. Typical. Maybe it will be like the beginning of my assistantship and I will get paid for doing nothing... doutbtful...)

Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 a.m.: I defend my thesis with a 30 minute oral presentation in front of my 3 member committee. They offer helpful suggestions/comments and try to delay going to their faculty meeting at noon. I was so thankful that they were all laid back. It helped calm my nerves.

Saturday, May 13, 9:00 a.m.: I walk for my graduation. Plus, I get to wear a hood.

Sunday, May 14: PARTY!

Monday, May 15: Tom starts school with International Trucking, 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. which means he can work for about 2.5 hours each morning and Saturdays. My summer job starts.

Mid-August: My job ends and I technically graduate. Tom's other school ends. BIG OLD FAT QUESTION MARK. Isn't life fun? (Who knows, I'll probably end up in Idaho. Actually, Idaho has fairly low gas prices, hmmm...)

1 comments:

OHHH... YAY for you both!!!! If it wasn't so late I would call just to say fabulous and YAY for defending your thesis.

Thinking of you. Wish I could be at the party!

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive