Since my brother was in junior high or for about five or six years, he has collected banana stickers. Why, you may ask? Who knows. All I know is that when you open one of my mom's kitchen cabinets, you will find the banana sticker collection. It resides here mainly because the bananas are usually kept on the counter below. Once my brother realized that a new bunch of bananas had arrived the first thing he would do was take the sticker off and place it on the inside of the cabinet door. There are interesting things you can learn from banana stickers. For example, every banana sticker no matter what brand has the number 4011 on it. Don't believe me, check it out. It is also very interesting that sometimes banana stickers advertise for others. The movie "Garfield" advertised on a banana sticker. The collection has also been able to track our banana purchases. My brother decided to have a race up the side of the cabinet between Dole and Chaquita. Dole kicked Chaquita's butt. I have to say my mother perfers Dole bananas as their sticker completely dominates the entire collection. I have no idea how the collection started but I hope my brother never stops. Sorry Mom.

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive