After they wheeled me into my room, Tom was holding Ethan. Then I got to hold him and thankfully he was still in his alert after birth phase so I got to feed him. The whole breastfeeding thing is going surprisingly well. Then I think the nurses took him so we could get a couple hours sleep before the visitors started arriving after noon. That morning is a little fuzzy. Maybe we didn't sleep, I don't even remember. I do know that both sets of grandparents, Uncle Eric, and Trisha, Tina, and Theresa all came to visit that afternoon. I was on a liquid diet that day and I was pale. That evening they tried to get me up and as soon as I stood up I felt dizzy. So we gave up on that until morning. He went to the nursery that night so Tom and I could get some much needed sleep. The next morning I walked a little but still got dizzy and they had to wheel me back across the room to my bed. I think my hemoglobin was a 7 which is low I guess. So they gave me two units of blood. I felt much better after that. Then I was able to get up with help but at least I wasn't going to faint on anybody. Anyway, we got lots of good help from the nurses, watched a lot of TV, and because I was, you know, in a hospital bed, Tom changed all the diapers. ;) So I was discharged on the 14th.

Ethan at the Hospital



Ethan at Home

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive