Dr. Linus is a nice guy. He cares for the school, the kids, complaining colleagues, and even that odd substitute fellow. The man can't catch a break though. Evil 80's movie villains (see Real Genius and Die Hard) masquerading as principals always seem to get in his way.

I really, really enjoyed seeing alterna-Ben.



He's teaching Alex (on island daughter). (Somehow, this cameo really surprised me. Guess I was just expecting Ben and Artz :) She clues him in to villainous principal's affair and he goes for a power grab, much like his island self.



He enlists Artz who wheels and deals himself to some new equipment and a choice parking spot. But alas, he is not the power hungery island Ben and when the principal ups the ante by threatening to ruin Alex's Yale chances, this time Ben chooses her. The choice he's always been regretting.

Oh, and he really seems to have a good relationship with dear old Dad. They went to the island at some point but no clue as to what happened. And in a twist of irony (which I totally missed, Thanks internet for cluing me in), he's pumping life saving oxygen gas into him instead of the poisonous purge death gas.


Back on the island, Hurley wants "cheese curds." :) Richard confirms (mostly) that he was brought on the Black Rock. We learn that he is not a cyborg or vampire. (Jorge ad libbed the vampire line and it made it into the show, very cool). He just wants to die, but semi-god Jacob touched him and gave him a gift/curse, so he can't kill himself. Let's ask the "do no harm" doctor to do it. Sure.... The ocean gazing must have emboldened Jack and he plops down to watch the dynamite burn down. And... nothing. Not really a surprise, but perhaps Richard's faith is restored a little.

Miles rats Ben out and Ilana makes him dig his own grave. Nice. His Royal Lockey-ness uses the force and opens Ben's bindings and tells him to come join his band of merry men over on Hydra Island. Ben bolts and Ilana follows, then... The Truth. Ben explains, I think, sincerely... and Ilana FORGIVES him. Pretty amazing. Ben finally feels accepted and that's why he stays.


Miles finds Nikki and Paolo's diamonds... Sweet. The talking to dead people finally rakes in the cash. And we get a classic slo mo reunion. So, Season one...I loved it!


But.... bum bum buh DA.... WIDMORE's Back! Finally... is this who Jacob was waiting for?

Up next: Recon

*** On a personal note, I really like this recap. My creative juices must have been a-flowing. But perhaps it is totally incomprehensible and the time change has addled my brain enough to convince me that it's actually good.

1 comments:

I always love your recaps. I loved the Ben/Ilyana forgiveness part. It was so very Jesusy. I got a little nervous at the end though when everyone was all a hugging and Ben was on the fringes. I hope he doesn't go all 'I don't fit in here so I must revert to my badness.'

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive