Blockbuster sent me this movie yesterday. Apparently, it was on my list. I've got a lot of older movies in my 100+ queue line up. I get in moods where I want to see every movie I've heard of that sounds even remotely interesting and I go click happy to my queue. Pretty much all I knew about this flick was that it starred Marilyn Monroe and it featured the song "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend." Well, imagine my surprise when Marilyn's character was named Lorelei Lee. Ok, not exact but pretty close. She played the stereotypical dumb blond gold digger, or did she? At first, I thought the character was embarrassing, but the more I saw the more I realized she was actually pretty smart. It shocked the crap out of me. Not the greatest movie, but interesting enough. Last week they sent me 2001: A Space Odyssey. Tom and I both decided that you have to be on acid to think that movie is not boring. Man, does it drag. I could have watched the interesting parts in about 15 minutes. At least, I now understand the quote, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive