I weep for the students in Geog 106 on Wed. from 12-2. Do you know why? I am their T.A. This Wed. I get to teach them about the vertical structure of the atmosphere and I feel as if all meteorological knowledge has escaped me. I had a meeting with my head T.A. yesterday to go over the lab, point values, and other general information. He told me that I need to explain the math concepts as well as the science. He has had students that don't know how to cross multiply and divide to solve for a variable. I looked at next week's lab and it's all trigonometry. GGRREEAATT. Oh and the best part is I am in 701. The elevator doesn't even go up to the 7th floor and on the ceiling there is a tarp catching rainfall/snowfall that leaks through. I am dead serious. The tallest bloody room in the tallest bloody tower.... Will Shrek come save me and hilarity ensue? I doubt it.

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive