I ran into someone today from the past. My other Tom. Well, if you call two years the ago "the past." I ran into Mr. WGN weather man, Tom Skilling. He was at NIU for meteorology 431 presentations. It amazes me how genuinely happy he is to see you every time you meet. He was in the hall heading to interview the students that contributed to one of the research projects he sponsored and he was like "Hey there's a familiar face," and proceeded to have a conversation with me eventhough he was busy. What a nice guy. For those of you who don't know, I had a semester internship with him my senior year and also did a research project that he sponsored in my 431 class. I could tell you lots of stories about him, maybe at a later time. One thing about is that he really liked to sing while he was working. However, he had a tendency to forget the words and make up his own. Since it is the holiday season and Tom has such an affection for Christmas carols. I will leave you with one of his oldies but goodies which he sang constantly while I was there starting in August all the way to December. "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all those freaking bells."

0 comments:

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive