Way back in April, Tom and I and my parents saw Andre Rieu and the Johann Strauss Orchestra at the Peoria Civic Center. He plays the violin and with the orchestra, they give concerts featuring music from around the world. He's from Holland and has a fun accent. He's a little silly, kept saying how he loved Peoria. Ya, right... He's featured on PBS a lot and somehow both Tom and I have come to really enjoy his shows, so it was a treat to get to see him in concert. They played classical music, opera with three tenors and a couple sopranos, musical music, movie music, folk music, all sorts. The opera was the neatest for me since I have never been to the opera. I loved hearing "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot in concert. It was awesome. Of course I cried several times, music does that to me, especially with the pregnacy hormones coursing through me. :) Lots of fun but too many encores. I swear there were like seven. Three should be the limit, seriously...

So enjoy Strauss' "The Blue Danube" with Andre Rieu... As in the video, people got up and danced to the waltzes at our concert. How fun. There was even a conga line at one point, not during the waltzes mind you, but during an appriopriate number with a Spanish flair...

1 comments:

How neat that you could attend the concert with your parents. While most fans are a bit older, there are many many young people who enjoy the Music & Fun of Andre's concerts.
You mention the Tenors. You should hear their CD. It is Fantastic!
And of course, all of Andre's CD/DVD s are GREAT.
Stop by our site & blog and say hello. :)
www.AndreRieuFans.com
Best Regards, Sally :)

About

Fangirl, Musician, Mom, Former Stuffed Armadillo Owner, Cat Person, Geographer, Bookworm, Christian, Bad Picture Taker, Nursery Worker, Trivia Buff, Laundry Folder, Stormchaser, Wife, Mary Kay Lady, Movie Freak, Facebook Addict, Coffee Hater, Procrastinator, Random List Maker. Enjoy the whatever.

Blog Archive